North Bay, Ontario
Deadline May 1, 2017
Job Posting #2017/014 – Re-Posted
Position: Bilingual Community Health Promoter – OPSEU – Healthy Schools Program
Hours of Work: Permanent – Full-Time – 35 Hours Per Week (1.00 FTE)
Effective: As Soon as Possible
Location: Main Office – North Bay
Additional Info: Vacant Position
Under the direction of the Program Manager, Healthy Schools, the Community Health Promoter, a member of an interdisciplinary team, works with community partners including schools and priority populations on school health initiatives that meet the requirements of the Chronic Diseases and Injuries Program Standard as outlined in the Ontario Public Health Standards (2008). Work involves planning, implementing and evaluating a range of assessment and surveillance, health promotion and policy development initiatives.
Education, Experience, Skills & Abilities:
- Baccalaureate degree (4 years) in health or social science related area
- Two years’ experience in community health promotion programming grounded in knowledge of community development process, health policy analysis and development, social marketing, mass communication, media advocacy, application of behaviour change theory
- Experience in managing and coordinating health related projects
- Understanding of youth engagement and development work
- Demonstrated ability to facilitate community partnerships with diverse groups (e.g., social services, not for profit, health professionals)
- Ability to critically assess applied health research and develop detailed program proposals and reports
- Demonstrated ability in program planning, implementation and evaluation
- Strong interpersonal, organizational and problem-solving skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Fluency in both official languages – Please Note: A formal language proficiency test will be done to evaluate proficiency level
- Ability to use computer technology including MS word, PowerPoint, Internet, email and social media applications
- Ability to work both independently and within a team environment
- Ability to work flex hours as required
- Requires a valid “G” Ontario Driver’s Licence and access to a reliable vehicle
As a condition of employment, the successful candidate will be required to provide a Criminal Reference Check including the Vulnerable Sector Check: recent, within four (4) months at their expense and will be required to comply with the Health Unit’s immunization policies. Applicants requiring accessibility accommodation for the interview are asked to make such requests only when contacted for an interview.
Hourly Rate: Minimum $30.27 to Maximum $34.08
Closing Date: Monday, May 1, 2017 at 4:00 p.m.
If you wish to be considered for this position, please forward your resume, cover letter and proof of education required for this position to the attention of:
Wendy Moore, Human Resources Assistant Attention: Job Posting #2017/014 – Re-Posted
North Bay Parry Sound District Health Unit, 681 Commercial Street, North Bay, ON P1B 4E7 or Email: email@example.com
Please Note: If you did not receive a confirmation email that your resume/application has been received, please contact Wendy Moore at (705) 474-1400 ext. 2562 for confirmation.
Once posting is closed, please refer to website for status of job posting
The Health Unit is an Equal Opportunity Employer