Richmond Hill, Ontario
Deadline May 2, 2017
Progressive. Collaborative. Accountable.
Draw on your passion. Shape our community.
Progressive and collaborative, with a clear, long-term vision. We value employees’ contributions and inspire excellence. We are driven by a desire to help shape and serve the growing community in which we live and work.
Manager, Child and Family Health, Dental Program #20686
Community and Health Services Department
Public Health Branch, Child and Family Health Division
Location: Richmond Hill, Ontario. This is a Non-Union position.
Full-Time, Salary $113,234 - $133,191 annually
Reporting to the Director and Chief Nursing Officer, Child and Family Health Division, the Manager is responsible for the supervision of staff and the planning, implementation and evaluation of designated programs, in compliance with the “Ontario Public Health Standards” Ministry of Health and Long Term Care and other relevant legislation. Develops, monitors business plans and budget; assesses community needs and changing health status, and oversees program delivery.
- Successful completion of a Baccalaureate Degree in community health, nursing, program development, health education, administration and/or research or related field or approved equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must be registered as a Regulated Health Professional such as Registered Nurse or Registered Dental Hygienist.
- Three (3) years progressive leadership experience within a health related environment including experience in planning, developing, implementing and evaluating programs.
- Satisfactory Police Criminal Background Check.
- Knowledge and demonstrated ability in corporate core competencies including communication, innovation, teamwork and collaboration, and personal ownership.
- Leadership competencies including operating strategically, leveraging diversity and differences, customer focused, ensuring accountability, managing complex problems, financial management, employing interactive and effective communication, fostering collaborative relationships, cultivating engagement to drive vision and purpose, managing and developing talent, establishing and maintaining trust, displaying self-awareness, and demonstrating resiliency.
- Contemporary supervisory and human resource management skills, knowledge of collective agreement administration and interpretation, labour relations principles and practices and relevant employment legislation
- Computer literacy in a Windows environment utilizing Microsoft Office applications.
- Leadership ability to co-ordinate the planning, implementation and evaluation of programs and services in an assigned program area.
- Ability to develop and monitor budgets in the assigned area of responsibility.
- Strong report writing, research, analytical and project management skills to meet program objectives and work to tight deadlines.
- Ability to work outside regular business hours and share an on-call schedule as required.
- Ability to travel to off site locations, in a timely and efficient manner, as required.
Please apply on-line by visiting https://client.njoyn.com/CL2/xweb/Xweb.asp?tbtoken=Z1BbQxIXCG9zawR3QiBcC... by May 2, 2017, quoting competition #20686.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. For additional information on The Regional Municipality of York, please visit the above-mentioned website.