May 16 & 17
Hilton Toronto Airport Hotel, 5875 Airport Rd
Preconference: May 15, 10:00-16:30
Join the Early Psychosis Intervention Ontario Network (EPION) for a two-day conference and explore different ways to define and understand success.
During this conference you will:
- Connect with your colleagues to share and learn about innovations in EPI practice that help bring us closer to our visions of success as clinicians, psychologists, psychiatrists, program managers, persons with lived experience of psychosis and family members.
- Find out about the learnings and successes from programs that have implemented new practices, including those inspired by EPION’s recent think tanks on education and outreach, family work, metabolic monitoring, psychological therapies, knowledge exchange, evaluation and monitoring, and psychosis and cannabis.
- Understand the latest data and evidence on EPI and what it means for clinical practice and how we understand success in this field.
EPION and the Canadian Consortium for Early Intervention in Psychosis (CCEIP) are partnering to offer a special pre-conference session for psychiatrists, psychologists, clinicians and program leadership.
The CCEIP has recently created clinical tools that address three gaps in early phase psychosis care: relapse risk assessment, monitoring of antipsychotic side effects, and decision support for selection of antipsychotics. This scientific conference will discuss the need, development, and finally review the tools themselves in an interactive manner. The aim is to have these point-of-care tools incorporated into everyday work flow, including EMR integration.
At the end of this day, participants will be able to:
- Apply new clinical tools developed specifically for early phase psychosis intervention
- Identify solutions to barriers related to the integration of clinical tools into everyday workflow.
- Identify clients who would benefit from a documented formal assessment of:
- relapse risk
- appropriate antipsychotic therapy
- medication side effects
Registration for both the pre-conference and conference is now open through Eventbrite until May 1st: http://epion2017.eventbrite.ca/.
Pre-Conference Session for psychiatrists, psychologists, clinicians and program leadership
- Registration – $175
- Includes: lunch, breaks, plus materials and clinical tools presented during the session.
- Conference details:
- Two-day registration – $350
- One-day registration – $225
- Includes: breakfast, lunch, breaks
For more information, visit help4psychosis.ca/event/epion-conference-2017 or read the conference flyer (http://help4psychosis.ca/event/epion-conference-2017/) or pre-conference flyer (https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1P3e7gR9F1UenBSeU1Ka2tYdUU/view).