St. Catharines, Ontario
No deadline noted
Project Coordinator (maternity leave)
The Learning Disabilities Association of Niagara Region (LDANR) is a registered non-profit charity committed to supporting those with learning disabilities and those who support individuals with learning disabilities through programming, public education and awareness, support groups and resources. Working with volunteers and community partners, the LDANR strives to educate and support the Niagara community about learning disabilities.
The LDANR is presently seeking a maternity leave replacement for the following position: Project Coordinator
Reports to: Executive Director
Status: Full-time Contract (Maternity) – 35 hours per week
Start date: July 31st, 2017
End date: April, 30th, 2018
Reporting to the Executive Director, the Project Coordinator is responsible for program promotion, registration, participant screening, recruiting, hiring and training program instructors and volunteers, collecting data, data analysis and ensuring the program is coordinated successfully.
- To coordinate programs Reading Rocks Junior and Let’s READ;
- Administration and management of program volunteers including recruitment, training, orientation, supervision and appreciation;
- Recruit and manage program instructors;
- Administration of program registration and screening for participants;
- Communication with program participant families, instructors, volunteers and Association members;
- Develop program materials such as promotional materials, feedback forms, etc.;
- Overseeing program data collection and analysis;
- Ensure programming aligns with funding and agency requirements;
- Manage program-specific budgets;
- Assist with reporting to funders;
- Other duties as assigned by the Executive Director.
Qualifications, Experience and Skills
- Post-secondary education in Education, Psychology, Child and Youth Studies, or other related field;
- Knowledgeable about learning disabilities;
- Experience working with and supporting individuals with learning disabilities;
- Demonstrate an understanding of the not-for-profit sector/community-based organizations;
- Experience in programming and evaluation;
- Experience recruiting, supporting and managing staff and/or volunteers;
- Computer literate in all Microsoft Office applications;
- Manages both time and projects efficiently and effectively;
- Evidence to support ability to multi-task;
- Highly organized with strong administrative skills and budgetary management skills;
- Professional and responsible with sensitive and confidential issues;
- Superior verbal/written skills, professional demeanor, communication, problem solving and interpersonal skills;
- Willingness to work flexible hours;
- Valid driver’s license and willingness to travel throughout the region.
Please send a cover letter, resume and the names of three references by email to Samantha Sendzik, Executive Director at: email@example.com. Applications will be accepted until position is filled.
Individuals with a disability requiring accommodation during the application and/or the interview process should advise the above contact so arrangements can be made.
We thank all who apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please. For more information about LDANR, please refer to our website http://www.LDANiagara.org.