Deadline April 24, 2017
The Middlesex-London Health Unit has an exciting opportunity for a full-time Manager, Information Technology (IT) reporting to the Director, Corporate Services, to oversee the Information Technology team. The Manager, IT, provides functional leadership to plan and manage the information technology requirements of Health Unit staff.
The IT department is responsible for providing efficient and cost-effective IT services to internal users and to external customers. The near term goal of the IT Manager will be to quickly gain knowledge about IT infrastructure and work closely with the Senior Leadership Team, vendors and business users to successfully deliver a number of technology initiatives.
This position is ideally suited to an individual who is able to provide leadership and direction, but also willing to be hands-on and who is knowledgeable and interested in all aspects of information technology that are required to successfully support a mid-sized, unionized organization. The IT Manager will inspire a positive work environment and help champion quality, innovation, teamwork and client service.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Developing and maintaining the IT infrastructure to effectively support operations, business continuity, and system security;
- Managing IT employees, as well as external service providers to meet the business’s IT requirements, minimize risks, and ensure maximum customer satisfaction;
- Developing and managing the annual budget for organizational IT acquisitions, systems and infrastructure;
- Managing IT projects and IT-related initiatives to support reliable and effective IT service delivery;
- Providing network system level support for business applications;
- Preparing submissions related to IT acquisitions and evaluating proposals;
- Determining and developing service level requirements by analyzing needs and consulting users;
- Developing and implementing information technology policies and procedures.
- An undergraduate degree in Computer Science or related subject is required
- A graduate degree and additional certifications are highly desirable
- A minimum of eight years of experience in the Information Technology industry
- A minimum of three years of experience in directly leading and managing a team of IT professionals
- Management experience in a unionized environment is highly desirable
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to understand and mitigate risks
- Strong communication and relationship-building skills across all levels of the organization
- Proven experience in project management and change management
- Hands-on technical experience with Windows desktop and server operating systems, Sharepoint, SQL, IIS, Exchange, VMWare, Storage Area Network, and VPN/Direct Access
- Ability to communicate in French and/or other languages is desirable
The Health Unit offers a healthy work environment and attractive benefits package. To apply to this position, please submit a resume and cover letter electronically via our Career Opportunities page at http://www.healthunit.com by April 24, 2017 quoting posting #ITMGR-0317.
Information concerning applicants is collected under the authority of the Health Protection & Promotion Act, R.S.O. 1990, c. H-7, as amended, and will be used to consider suitability for employment. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. The Health Unit is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Accommodations are available, upon request, to support potential applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. Should you require accommodation, please contact our Human Resources Department at 519-663-5317, extension 2512.
The Mission of the Middlesex-London Health Unit is to promote and protect the health of our community.