Burk’s Falls or Parry Sound, Ontario
Deadline April 10, 2017
Job Posting #2017/015
Position: Community Health Promoter – OPSEU – Healthy Living Program
Hours of Work: Temporary – Full-Time – 35 Hours Per Week (1.00 FTE)
Effective: As Soon As Possible To March 30, 2018 (Subject To Change)
Location: Branch Office – Burk’s Falls Or Branch Office Parry Sound
Additional Info: Vacant Position
Under the direction of the Program Manager, Healthy Living, the Community Health Promoter as a member of an interdisciplinary health profession team, works with municipalities, community partners, priority populations, hospitals, and workplaces to meet the requirements of the Chronic Disease Prevention Program Standard, Prevention of Injury and Substance Misuse program standard, Ontario Public Health Standards 2008 and the Smoke-Free Ontario Act. Work involves researching, planning, developing, implementing and evaluating a range of assessment and surveillance, comprehensive health promotion strategies and policy development, and health protection initiatives.
Education, Experience, Skills & Abilities:
- Baccalaureate degree (4 years) in health or social science related area
- Two years’ experience in community health promotion programming grounded in knowledge of community development process, health policy analysis and development, social marketing, mass communication, media advocacy, application of behaviour change theory and principles of adult education
- Ability to apply a population health promotion approach, including determinants of health and health equity, to the analysis of health issues
- Experience in managing and coordinating health related projects
- Demonstrated ability to facilitate community partnerships with diverse groups (e.g., business/workplace, health professionals)
- Ability to critically assess applied health research and develop detailed program proposals and reports
- Demonstrated ability in program planning and evaluation
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to use computer technology including MS Word, Power Point, Internet, E-mail and Social Media
- Ability to work both independently and within a team environment
- Ability to work flex hours as required
- Requires a valid “G” Ontario Driver’s Licence and access to a reliable vehicle
As a condition of employment, the successful candidate will be required to provide a Criminal Reference Check including the Vulnerable Sector Check: recent, within four (4) months at their expense and will be required to comply with the Health Unit’s immunization policies. Applicants requiring accessibility accommodation for the interview are asked to make such requests only when contacted for an interview.
Hourly Rate: Minimum $30.27 to Maximum $34.08 (plus 4% vacation pay and 4% public holiday pay)
Closing Date: Monday, April 10, 2017 at 4:00 p.m.
If you wish to be considered for this position, please forward your resume, cover letter and proof of education required for this position to the attention of:
Wendy Moore, Human Resources Assistant Attention: Job Posting #2017/015
North Bay Parry Sound District Health Unit, 681 Commercial Street, North Bay, ON P1B 4E7 or Email: email@example.com
Please Note: If you did not receive a confirmation email that your resume/application has been received, please contact Wendy Moore at (705) 474-1400 ext. 2562 for confirmation.
Once posting is closed, please refer to website for status of job posting
The Health Unit is an Equal Opportunity Employer