April 6, 2017
6:30 to 9:00 p.m. EDT
Ryerson University, Rogers Communications Centre, 80 Gould Street, RCC 204
Food Banks. What do they do now? What can they do in the near future? What can’t they do? What can we do?
Join as a panel of outstanding experts and activists talk through the complex pros, cons, and to-dos of food banks. All points of view welcomed and respected.
- Welcome by Fiona Yeudall, Director, Ryerson Centre for Studies in Food Security
- Chaired by Councillor Joe Mihevc, Chair, Toronto Board of Health
- With guest panelists
- Andy Fisher, Author of the controversial new book from MIT Press: Big Hunger: The Unholy Alliance between Corporate America and Anti-Hunger Groups
- Valerie Tarasuk, Professor, Department of Nutritional Sciences, University of Toronto, Principal Investigator, PROOF
- Cecilia Rocha, Director, Ryerson School of Nutrition
- Ryan Noble, Executive Director, North York Harvest Food Bank
- Merryn Maynard, Program Coordinator, Meal Exchange
- Closing Remarks by Melana Roberts, Chair, Toronto Youth Food Policy Council
Hosted by Ryerson University’s School of Nutrition and Centre for Studies in Food Security
Endorsed by: New College Global Food Equity Initiative, North York Harvest Food Bank, Toronto Food Policy Council, Toronto Youth Food Policy Council, Stop Community Food Centre