Richmond Hill, Ontario
Deadline February 22, 2017
Progressive. Collaborative. Accountable.
Draw on your passion. Shape our community.
Progressive and collaborative, with a clear, long-term vision. We value employees’ contributions and inspire excellence. We are driven by a desire to help shape and serve the growing community in which we live and work.
Health Information Analyst #20336
Community and Health Services Department
Public Health Branch, Health Protection Division
Location: Richmond Hill, Ontario. This is a Union position.
Scheduled Weekly Hours: 35; Scheduled Shifts: 0830 -1630
Full-Time, Salary $35.54 - $38.62 per hour
Reporting to the Manager, Health Protection, is responsible for providing assistance to the Epidemiology, evaluation and CQI staff with the collection and retrieval of health related data, the analysis of information and data, program evaluation, development of data collection tools and the communication and presentation of information and data to internal and external clients.
- Successful completion of a University Degree in Health Sciences, Mathematics or Biostatistics or related field or approved equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum one (1) year demonstrated experience in coordinating the collection and retrieval of health related data including statistical compilation, interpretation, analysis and communication of health related information to appropriate sources.
- Experience with program evaluation methodology, logic model development, needs assessments and program planning.
- Demonstrated knowledge of public and community health issues and epidemiological practices.
- Demonstrated knowledge of database design, survey development software and relational databases.
- Knowledge of public health data sources and survey tools.
- Knowledge of and demonstrated ability in corporate core competencies including customer service, communication, team work, initiative/self-management.
- Demonstration of Departmental competencies, including flexibility and adaptability, accountability, strategic thinking, innovation and creativity, and collaboration.
- Highly proficient in the use of the Internet, Intranet and external data warehouse environments.
- Computer literacy and proficiency with MS Office software applications and demonstrated experience with SPSS, STATA, Excel and Access.
- Excellent organizational, time management and presentation skills.
- Demonstrates flexibility and adaptability by adjusting approaches, as needed.
- Stays abreast of new and innovative approaches and brings forward new ideas for consideration; understands and uses technology to improve work processes and achieve outcomes.
- Ensures accountability and high quality and accuracy of work.
- Understands organizational goals and strategies and how they relate to their work.
- Understands their role and the role of others in the organization to ensure effective collaboration with colleagues, external and internal partners to meet client needs.
- Ability to travel to off-site locations in a timely and efficient manner, as required.
- Ability to work outside regular business hours, as required.
Please apply on-line at http://www.york.ca by February 22, 2017, quoting competition #20336. We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
For additional information on The Regional Municipality of York, please visit the above-mentioned website.