Deadline February 21, 2017
Position: Full time (1.0 FTE), Temporary Status, Quality Standards Specialist Position with the Department of Quality, Corporate, and Information Services (QCIS). This term is until December 15, 2017. This term may end with two (2) weeks written notice or may be extended.
Location: Brockville Office.
To provide leadership and expertise in continuous quality improvement initiatives and the implementation of standards, including legislation. The Quality Standards Specialist will work closely with the other teams within QCIS, management and staff in the integration of the Foundational Standards, Organizational Standards, Quality Standards, and other standards and legislation within the Health Unit.
This position reports to the Manager, Quality, Corporate, and Information Services Department.
- Two-year college diploma with post-graduate training in business systems, or a related field or equivalent experience or a university degree, with an emphasis in disciplines such as health sciences, public health or business;
- Experience and training in quality systems and approaches, such as LEAN training, Excellence Canada training, and/or process mapping;
- Familiarity and experience supporting compliance with PHIPPA legislation, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, Occupational Health and Safety Act and the Psychological Health and Safety Standard;
- Experience developing, maintaining, and improving administrative and information systems, processes and tools, using a continuous quality improvement approach;
- Excellent leadership skills, including experience with and the ability to create and motivate teams;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and interpersonal skills, to inform audiences on technical subject matter in a user-friendly manner.
Proof of the following are required after hire:
- Criminal record check;
- Valid driver’s licence and access to a reliable vehicle;
- Current immunization in accordance with Health Unit Policy, including annual
- Influenza immunization as directed by the Medical Officer of Health.
Salary Range: $57,826.00 to $67,816.00 annual (1.0 FTE), plus twelve percent (12%) in lieu of benefits and six percent (6%) vacation pay.
Start Date: As soon as possible
Apply by: 4:30 p.m. on Tuesday February 21, 2017. Please submit a current resume and a cover letter indicating in detail how the requirement qualifications are met.
E-mail To: firstname.lastname@example.org
Accommodations for job applicants with a disability are available on request.
We thank all applicants for their interest in employment with our agency; please note that we will only contact candidates selected for an interview.