Deadline February 17, 2017
Anticipated Position Start Date: March 2017
Position Details: Permanent Position, Part-Time Hours
Initial Assignment: Child Health
As a professional Health Promoter, you will utilize your specialised education and experience to promote positive health outcomes in our local community.
To be considered for this role, you must clearly indicate which, of the specific courses listed below, you have completed. Where course names differ, please include links to the detailed course descriptions in your submission.
- BA in health promotion/education, or in a related health discipline, in which the applicant has successfully completed full courses in each of the following:
- a) Health Promotion principles including community development and social marketing;
- b) Program planning and/or program evaluation;
- c) Epidemiology;
- d) Behaviour psychology.
- (Courses must be clearly detailed in resume)
- MA in Public Health /Health Promotion or a related field is considered an asset, but is not a requirement of the role.
Reporting to the Program Manager within the Health Promotion Department, the incumbent will work as a member of the inter-disciplinary team. This work may include needs assessments, increasing public awareness through marketing, social medial & other promotion strategies, developing health promotion resources, conducting promotion events and working with community partners on program key topic areas as outlined in the OPHS. The key topic areas will be assigned according to program priorities.
Skills and Abilities:
- Driver’s license and access to a vehicle.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills.
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Group facilitation skills
- Computer skills and use of the internet is required.
Normal Working Hours: 8:30 am - 4:30 pm Monday to Friday
Apply to email@example.com by 4:30PM on Friday, February 17th, 2017.
Please refer to the “Resume Submission Guide” on our careers page, for the required resume format. We respectfully request applicants follow these instructions, to ensure your application receives proper consideration.
HPEPH welcomes those with disabilities. To make arrangements for accommodation please, contact the Human Resources at 613-966-5500.