Deadline January 20, 2017
Huron County Health Unit Requires a Temporary (up to one year) Full Time Registered Dietitian
The Huron County Health Unit requires a Registered Dietitian to provide programs and services according to legislation and health unit policies and procedures. The Registered Dietitian will work collaboratively with other health unit staff, agencies, professionals and the community on public health nutrition issues.
- Baccalaureate degree in foods and nutrition and completion of an accredited dietetic internship or equivalent.
- Experience in the delivery of community nutrition programs, food literacy, food skill development, and population health would be an asset.
- Membership in the College of Dietitians of Ontario.
- Valid Ontario driver’s licence and a reliable vehicle
- Well-developed oral and written communication skills.
- Proficiency with current computer applications (Microsoft Office – Word, PowerPoint, Excel).
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively within an interdisciplinary team.
- Knowledge of population health approaches, applied human nutrition, and community nutrition.
- Ability to plan, implement, and evaluate nutrition programs.
- Have a thorough knowledge of all legislation and standards pertaining to the programs and services.
- Participate in planning, implementing and evaluating health unit programs.
- Participate on internal and external committees/coalitions relevant to nutrition promotion.
- Assess the nutrition needs of the community and develop nutrition programs and resource materials.
- Promote the need for programs and policies relevant to the food and nutrition issues of the community.
- Deliver nutrition education.
- Maintain records; prepare reports and statistics as required by the program standards and in accordance with Health Unit policies and procedures.
- Participate in the orientation and mentoring of staff, students and volunteers.
- Incorporate research findings into practice, participate in research and identify problems which lend themselves to research investigation.
- Other related duties as assigned.
Hours and Salary:
- Temporary Full Time – 35 hours per week (weekends and evenings may be required)
- Salary Range as per OPSEU union grid
Please email your letter of application and resume in one PDF document by 12:30pm on Friday, January 20th, 2017 to email@example.com.
County of Huron
1 Courthouse Square
Goderich, Ontario N7A 1M2
Posted on January 10th, 2017
Only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted. Information is collected solely for the purpose of job selection under the provisions of the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act. The County of Huron is an equal opportunity employer. Accessibility accommodations are available for all parts of the recruitment process. Applicants need to make their needs known in advance.