Deadline February 1, 2017
Working together for longer lives, lived well.
We are committed to providing accommodations for persons with disabilities. If you require accommodation at any stage of the process, we will work with you to meet your needs.
Position: Tobacco Enforcement Officer, #2017-02
Terms: Permanent, Part-time, 28 hours per week
Reporting to the Manager of Environmental Health, the Tobacco Enforcement Officer (TEO) performs their work based on principles of health promotion and disease prevention. TEOs are called upon to implement and enforce the provincial Smoke-Free Ontario Act, the Electronic Cigarette Act and their Regulations. TEOs can also be expected to provide information, education, training and other health promotion activities as part of a health promotion team.
- Two year post secondary education in law enforcement or a health related program from a recognized community college
- Knowledge of Smoke-Free Ontario Act & Regulations and Standards related to Federal tobacco control laws
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Willingness to work flexible hours including evenings and weekends
- Ability to work effectively and independently and in a team setting
- Computer skills
Salary: $31.41 to 36.57 per hour, as per COPE Local 521
Access to transportation required. Mileage allowance provided. Successful candidate requires a clear Criminal Record Check and proof of required immunizations prior to start of work.
Resumes accepted via email only at:
Northwestern Health Unit
Career Ad # 2017-02
Deadline for Applications: Wednesday February 1, 2017 at Noon CST
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.