April 1, 2017
Immunization is a complex field, and vaccines are being given by a growing number and wider range of health professionals. The CPS is an experienced leader in this area, and has provided interdisciplinary education to thousands of learners since 2002.
This one-day course provides an overview of competencies developed by a national consensus-for frontline immunization providers. It's open to physicians, nurses, pharmacists and residents.
The program is based on the document Immunization Competencies for Health Professionals, developed with the Public Health Agency of Canada, a landmark national consensus guideline on education and training for immunization providers.
After participating in this program, you will be able to:
- Integrate key principles of the guideline into any practice setting.
- Counsel patients on important immunization issues.
- Build public confidence in vaccine efficacy and safety.
- Ensure safe and competent immunization practices.
- Work collaboratively with other professionals to promote cooperation on important public health issues such as immunization.
For more information or to register, please visit http://www.cps.ca/en/epic-pfci.