Fort Frances, Ontario
Deadline August 26, 2016
We are committed to providing accommodations for persons with disabilities. If you require accommodation at any stage of the process, we will work with you to meet your needs.
Position: Public Health Nurse, #2016-23
Terms: Full-time term contract, 35 hours per week, September 2016 – September 2017 (Part-time schedule may be accommodated)
The successful candidate will work with a focus in Family Health programs including Healthy Babies Healthy Children, Child Health and Reproductive Health. The Public Health Nurse will foster a welcoming environment, has capacity for self-reflection and the ability to establish therapeutic relationships based on trust, respect, caring, and listening. He/she will work within a team to provide services and collaborate with community members and community partners for planning, implementing and evaluating Public Health programs within Fort Frances and surrounding communities
- Current registration with the College of Nurses of Ontario, in good standing, or eligible to register within the Province
- Baccalaureate Degree in Nursing, BScN.
- Current cardio-pulmonary resuscitation certification
- Knowledge and/or experience with principles of adult and child education, health promotion and community mobilization is an asset
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and to work as part of an interdisciplinary team
- 2 - 4 years’ experience working in the maternal and child health field
- Demonstrated health promotion knowledge and experience related prenatal and child health
Salary: $32.10 to $44.29 per hour, in accordance with the Ontario Nurses’ Association Contract (ONA)
Other: Access to transportation. Mileage allowance provided. Successful candidate requires a clear Vulnerable Sector Check and proof of required immunizations prior to start of work.
Resumes accepted at:
Northwestern Health Unit
Career Ad #2106-23
Deadline for Applications: Friday August 26, 2016 at Noon CST
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.