Deadline December 30, 2015
We are a dynamic community-based health centre promoting social justice and health equity in the Regent Park neighbourhood and east downtown area of Toronto. We operate out of several locations and provide a wide variety of services including: primary health care, chiropody, physiotherapy, health promotion, social work, community health, immigrant and refugee services, housing assistance, harm reduction and homeless programs, Pathways to Education for high school students, infant and child development programs, parenting education and family advocacy. We currently have the following opening on our Clinical team:
Receptionist / Medical Secretary
Full Time, Permanent
Salary Range: $33,382 – 40,245 per annum
The role of the Receptionist / Medical Secretary is to ensure efficient operations and facilitate smooth flow of the reception area. You work closely with the Clinical and Community Health teams and report to the Clinical Administrative Coordinator.
- Provide reception, clerical and administrative support functions including:
- greet clients and provide support as needed
- schedule client appointments and provide reminders
- manage, prepare, maintain, update, track and file charts, manually and electronically
- manage an eight-line telephone system; answer incoming calls, direct to appropriate personnel and process messages
- sort and distribute all incoming and outgoing mail and parcels
- maintain client confidentiality
- Completion of relevant certificate or diploma and two years’ related experience in a health care setting, preferably a community setting
- Able to work effectively with a diverse client population including people with mental health and/or addictions issues
- Knowledge of Personal Health Information Privacy Act, Consent of Information / Records of Information and Medical Records Management
- Excellent telephone manner and communication skills; switchboard experience is an asset
- Proficient with computer software including MS Office, Internet, email, clinical electronic scheduling and health records
- Knowledge of Medical Terminology would be an asset
- Knowledge of Nightingale-on-Demand electronic health record is a strong asset
- Languages representing the local community are a strong asset (e.g., Bengali, Tamil, Somali, Vietnamese, Chinese)
- Requires evening shifts and flexible hours
Regent Park CHC is committed to equity in our hiring and employment practices. Applications are encouraged from qualified individuals who reflect the diversity of our community.
Please submit your resume and cover letter by 5:00 p.m. December 30, 2015, to:
Receptionist / Medical Secretary Hiring Committee
Regent Park Community Health Centre
465 Dundas St. E.
Toronto, ON M5A 2B2
or Email: [email protected]
No phone calls please. We thank all applicants for their interest in this position, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. RPCHC is committed to developing an inclusive, selection process and work environment. If contacted, please advise the hiring manager if you require any accommodation during the interview process.