Deadline May 2, 2014
Our client, St. Joseph’s Healthcare Hamilton (SJHH) is a premier academic and research healthcare organization committed to making a difference in people’s lives and creating a lasting future for their community through integrated health services and internationally recognized programs. The newly redeveloped West 5th Campus offers expanded integrated health services and mental health and addiction care, providing specialized tertiary care to those living with mental illness.
The Forensic Psychiatry Program works towards restoring and maintaining the mental health and well-being of adult offenders while managing risks as mandated by the Criminal Code of Canada and ordered by the Ontario Review Board. The program provides assessment, treatment and rehabilitation services and is conducting a significant expansion of inpatient beds at the West 5th Campus. With the expansion there is the need for 20 new full time and part time Forensic Psychiatry Nurses.
Forensic Psychiatry Nurse (RN)
As part of a multi-disciplinary team, you will: provide holistic and specialized nursing care for adult offender patients with complex mental illness; complete forensic assessments and plan and organize evidence based treatment/therapeutic interventions across the care continuum; and, monitor patients, provide emergency care and help people with the activities of daily living.
- Registered Nurse in good standing with the College of Nurses of Ontario and Current CPR certification required;
- CNA certification in Psychiatric/Mental Health Nursing is preferred;
- experience in mental health nursing with demonstrated knowledge, skill and ability in the care of patients with mental illness;
- understanding of the forensic legal and mental healthcare systems to conduct forensic risk assessments;
- demonstrated knowledge of the application of the Mental Health Act, Consent and Capacity, and other relevant legislation;
- knowledge of Mental Status Examinations (MSE), documentation standards, privacy legislation and health record management processes; and,
- excellent communication and relationship management skills to interact with patients, colleagues and stakeholders.
To apply: please forward your resume by May 2, 2014 to email@example.com. For more information and/or to apply online, please visit http://www.hrassociates.ca/sjhh or call Jessica Grimaldi at (416) 237-1500 x248.