Deadline October 14, 2013
Application deadline: October 14, 2013
Salary range: $51,641- $62,219 plus an excellent benefits package
Position Type: 1.0 FTE
Duration: Starting ASAP
WellFort is a non-profit, values based organization that provides health promotion and prevention programs, primary health care, oral health care, diabetes education, and works with local residents and partnersto enhance community capacity. Innovative client centered services are delivered through the use of interdisciplinary teams operating through a shared care model. WellFort is committed to providing inclusive, accessible and sustainable programs and services to a diversely rich community through its service delivery philosophy, Open Focused Care (OFC). OFC is based on four pillars: Advanced Access, Anti Oppressive, Asset Based and Fluid and Mobile. WellFort is seeking individuals with a passion and commitment towards innovation and an inclusive workplace that respects and values the diversity of every individual.
WellFort is now recruiting for a full-time Quality Decision Support Specialist.
- Provide support to the Chief Executive Officer and the leadership team in the planning of programs and services focused on health trends and outcomes.
- Plan, coordinate, evaluate and produce work related to quality improvement initiatives, MSAA indicators and performance indicators.
- The Quality Decision Support Specialist is the lead on all Electronic Client Records and data collection initiatives.
- Create a system for community, client, and staff data collection to support continuous quality improvement
- Provide informed feedback to staff members, leadership and other stakeholders as appropriate
- Coordinate documents and data for the organizations accreditation process.
- Implements and monitors the evaluation frameworks to ensure accountability to the community and our funders.
- Train all staff on the electronic health records, community initiative tools and other data collection processes.
- Undergraduate degree in a health informatics or relevant discipline (Health Information Management, Statistics, Business Administration) from a recognized university or a combination of education and relevant experience.
- Three years experience in a similar position in a setting with an electronic health record.
- Excellent report-writing skills using a variety of report-building software (Cognos, SQL, Crystal, Hummingbird BI, Data Miner) and other data-mining tools
- Strong planning and project management skills with proven ability to multi-task.
- Experience creating queries, data extraction and data analysis.
- Knowledge of database management principles and relational databases
- Experience with Microsoft Office, in particular strong proficiency in Excel and Access.
- Experience teaching, facilitating groups and knowledge of adult learning principles.
- Demonstrated knowledge of quality improvement, systems and tools to achieve organizational health.
- Knowledge of community, the health sector including primary health care and community health centres.
- Proven skills in developing and implementing evaluation tools
- Some knowledge and understanding of the local health and social service sector, community based programming including inherent challenges and opportunities.
The successful candidate will demonstrate a willingness to participate in Wellfort’s commitment to create an inclusive, barrier free health centre and an ability to work interdependently and respectfully in an interdisciplinary team.
This position requires flexibility in hours as the position entails some evening and weekend work.
Please forward your resume and cover letter via email to email@example.com.
Please quote “Quality Specialist” in the subject line
No phone calls please. Only successful candidates will be contacted.