November 15, 2013
8:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
Metro Hall, 55 John Street, 3rd Floor, Rooms 308/309
Themes and expected outcomes
- Discuss national and international evidence
- Review recent strategies initiated by governments and NGOs
- Identify risk reduction and precautionary policies
- Increase awareness of the cultural dimensions of alcohol consumption
- Network with stakeholders and collaborators in planning precautionary policies and strategies
- Cancer and Alcohol
Invited speakers include:
- Diane Buhler, Parents Against Drugs
- Beth Easton, Canadian Breast Cancer Foundation
- Cathy Edwards, Kingston, Frontenac and Lennox & Addington (KFL&A) Public Health
- Norman Giesbrecht, Centre for Addiction & Mental Health
- Heather Manson, Public Health Ontario
- David McKeown, Toronto Public Health
- Fiona Nelson, Toronto Cancer Prevention Coalition
- Robert Nuttall, Canadian Cancer Society
- Jurgen Rehm, Centre for Addiction & Mental Health
- Robert Strang, Nova Scotia Department of Health and Wellness
- Stephanie Young, Cancer Care Ontario
General admission is $50.
To register, visit http://canceralcohol.eventbrite.ca.
Seating is limited.