Burk's Falls, Ontario
Deadline July 22, 2013
Position: Public Health Nurse – ONA – Healthy Babies Healthy Children Team
Hours Of Work: Temporary – Part-Time – 17.50 Hours Per Week (0.50 FTE)
Effective: As Soon As Possible to August 29, 2014 (subject to change)
Location: Burk’s Falls Branch Office
Additional Info: Leave of Absence
Position Summary: Working as a member of the Healthy Babies Healthy Children Team and in conjunction with other Health Unit programs, the successful candidate will implement required components of the Child and Reproductive Health programs.
Education, Experience, Skills and Abilities:
- BScN or Diploma in Public Health Nursing
- Current certificate of competence from the College of Nurses of Ontario
- Current certification in CPR
- Consent to Children’s Aid Society (CAS) file disclosure
- Two years recent and related work experience in a public health setting or community health setting considered equivalent with a focus on direct service delivery of prenatal and parenting programs, including home visiting and group facilitation skills and demonstrated application of population health strategies
- Experience in program planning and evaluation, inventory monitoring and control, as well as statistical data management, including the ability to research and prepare proposals, program plans and annual reports
- Experience working with breastfeeding mothers and families
- Comprehensive assessment skills relating to maternal-child health, including knowledge and understanding of parent-child interaction feeding and teaching scales through Nursing Child Assessment Satellite Training (NCAST) and Keys to Caregiving Training, family dynamics, determinants of health with special emphasis on prenatal, postnatal and neonatal clientele, maternal mental health promotion strategies including Promoting Maternal Mental Health training.
- Comprehensive knowledge of community resources for parents and young children
- Strong interpersonal, organizational and problem-solving skills
- Computer skills in word processing, power point and internet. Familiarity with the use of databases such as Integrated Services for Children Information System (ISCIS)
- Ability to work within a self directed team and collaborate with other health unit teams in program delivery
- Ability to work flex hours including evenings and weekends as required
- Requires a valid “G” Ontario Driver’s License and access to a reliable vehicle
As a condition of employment, the successful candidate will be required to provide a Criminal Reference Check including the Vulnerable Sector Check: recent, within four (4) months at their expense and will be required to comply with the Health Unit’s immunization policies.
Hourly Rate: BScN/PHN – Minimum $36.79 to Maximum $41.42
Closing Date: July 22, 2013 at 4:00 p.m.
Please forward your letter of application, resume, proof of education and a copy of your current certificate of competence from the College of Nurses of Ontario required for this position to:
Wendy Moore, Human Resources Assistant
Attention: Job #PH/2013/035
North Bay Parry Sound District Health Unit
681 Commercial Street
North Bay, ON P1B 4E7 or
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Once posting is closed, please refer to website for status of job posting.
The Health Unit is an Equal Opportunity Employer.