North Bay, Ontario
Deadline June 10, 2013
Position: Public Health Dietitian – OPSEU – Healthy Schools & Families Team
Hours Of Work: Permanent – Part-Time – 16.50 Hours Per Week with a with a Temporary Increase to 35 Hours Per Week until July 31, 2014
Effective: As Soon As Possible
Location: Main Office - North Bay
Additional Info: New Position
The Public Health Dietitian reporting to the Program Manager, Healthy Schools & Families will work collaboratively to assess, plan, implement and evaluate a range of health promotion programs under the requirements the Family Health and Chronic Disease standards of the Ontario Public Health Standards (2008). The Public Health Dietitian will work with populations to increase awareness and education, build skills, create supportive environments and develop policy regarding healthy eating and prevention of chronic disease.
Education, Experience, Skills & Abilities:
- Baccalaureate (4 year) degree from a Canadian University with a major course of study in foods and nutrition
- Certified member in good standing with the College of Dietitians of Ontario and be eligible for membership in the Ontario Society of Nutrition Professionals in Public Health
- Two years related experience in community or public health nutrition
- Experience in health promotion programming, including community development, health policy, social marketing, mass communications and media, application of health behaviour change theory, program planning, implementation and evaluation
- Excellent verbal, written and mass communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to facilitate community partnerships with diverse groups in support of nutrition promotion initiatives
- Ability to critically assess applied health research and develop detailed program proposals and reports
- Ability to use computer technology including MS Word, Power Point, Internet and E-mail, Social Media
- Ability to work both independently and within a team environment
- Ability to work flex hours as required
- Must have a minimum “G” Ontario Drivers’ Licence and access to a reliable vehicle
As a condition of employment, the successful candidate will be required to provide a Criminal Reference Check including the Vulnerable Sector Check: recent, within four (4) months at their expense and will be required to comply with the Health Unit’s immunization policies.
Hourly Rate: Minimum $31.24 to Maximum $35.16
Closing Date: June 10, 2013 at 4:00 p.m.
Please forward your letter of application, resume, proof of education required for this position to:
Wendy Moore, Human Resources Assistant
Attention: Job #PH/2013/027
North Bay Parry Sound District Health Unit, 681 Commercial Street, North Bay, ON P1B 4E7 or
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Once posting is closed, please refer to website for status of job posting.
The Health Unit is an Equal Opportunity Employer.