Deadline June 3, 2013
Reporting to the Director of Health Promotion, and under the guidance of the Public Health Dental
Consultant, and working within a vibrant team environment, the Manager of the Oral Health Department fosters development of knowledge, skills, attitudes, and innovations which support the excellence in the delivery of public health Oral Health programs. The Manager of the Oral Health Department assists and participates in the development, implementation, and evaluation of all Windsor-Essex Health Unit Oral Health Programs, as outlined in the Ontario Public Health Standards (2008), under Child Health, and uses the relevant OPHS protocols to manage and operate the current oral health programs.
- Strategic and complete operational management of Oral Health Programs (i.e. CINOT and HSO)
- Human resource management and development
- Representation of the Health Unit in the community regarding Oral Health Programs
- Participation on internal committees
- The successful candidate must work in compliance with the Occupational Health and Safety Act and all policies and procedures of the Windsor-Essex County Health Unit.
- Registration in the College of Dental Hygienists of Ontario
- Previous management experience
- A degree in a health related field or administration is preferred
- Knowledge of public health programs and services and information systems
- A minimum of five years of work experience in a clinical dental setting, preferably in public health
- Current membership in the Ontario Association of Public Health Dentistry is an asset
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- A valid Ontario Driver’s Licence and access to a reliable motor vehicle during working hours
- A valid certificate of insurance and proof of automobile insurance in the amount of a minimum of $2,000,000 public liability
- Ability to work flexible hours as required
- A criminal clearance certificate must be provided at the applicant’s cost
- Bilingualism in French and English is considered an asset.
The Windsor-Essex County Health Unit offers a competitive salary and benefit package in a growing vibrant community. The main office is located in Windsor with satellite offices in Essex and Leamington.
Qualified applicants are invited to forward a resume by email to firstname.lastname@example.org with Reference # 28, Attention: Nancy Whited, Director of Human Resources before 4:30 p.m. on Monday, June 3, 2013.
Thank you to all interested applicants, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.