Deadline May 24, 2013
Reflet Salvéo is one of six Health Planning Entities appointed by the Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care. We work in close collaboration with the Toronto Central, Central West and Mississauga Halton Local Health Integration Networks (LHIN). We have a vision of social change for our community. The French Language Services Act supports our mandate and consists in advising the LHINs on various aspects of the development of French language health services including:
- Community engagement in health
- The promotion of active offer for health services in French
- Supporting health service providers
- The active participation in the service planning process
We are looking for a bilingual person who is motivated by the Francophone community and its development. The ideal candidate will have:
- A unifying leadership style
- Well-developed skills for the strategic analysis of issues
- The ability to mobilise work teams composed of various stakeholders (Francophone and Anglophone community partners, health care system partners, LHINs, health service providers, citizen groups, health professionals, etc.) in order to move forward the development of the French language services.
- The ability to work in an emerging/evolving work environment.
- The ability to bring pro-active solutions to problems.
- The ability to plan and establish work priorities with attention to details.
- The ability to use tact and flexibility in a win-win approach.
In this position you will be part of a small team and will work closely with the Executive Director, team members and Reflet Salvéo’s partners.
Develop inclusive and on-going community engagement processes:
- Promote community services through various strategies
- Develop close collaborative relationships with many community groups
- Develop communication strategies that will support the inclusive and on-going community engagement processes
- Focus on promoting health services in French in order to support the active offer of services.
- Integrate in an innovative manner the communication strategies into the development and planning of services.
- Act as health communication advisor to support service providers in the development of a designation plan for services in French when necessary.
- Holds a Bachelor’s degree in health administration, health science, health promotion, communication, marketing or any acceptable combinations of education, training and/or experience in the health sector or related field .
Desired skills and experience:
- A minimum of two years of experience in community development and communication
- An understanding of the health sector in Ontario
- Demonstrated experience in community development and its various approaches
- Demonstrated experience in the management of volunteers
- Demonstrated experience in event planning
- Demonstrated experience in the development and implementation of communication strategies
- Demonstrated experience of strategic use of social media platforms
- An understanding of the challenges faced by the Francophone community of Toronto, Central West and Mississauga Halton
- Expertise in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) and experience with Go To Webinar software, live meeting would be an asset.
This position requires a superior level of fluency in French and English; both oral and written.
Salary: based on experience and skills + excellent benefits package Work location: Toronto – St-Clair and Bathurst
Please submit your application with a cover letter in both English and French to the attention of Hélène Roussel, Executive Director, firstname.lastname@example.org before Friday May 24th at 4:00PM
We encourage candidates from groups that constitute the diversity of our francophone community to apply.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.