Deadline May 27, 2013
The Association of Ontario Midwives (AOM) is seeking a Director of Finance and Operations (DFO) to strategically and expertly lead our objectives with respect to membership, finance and operations during an exciting period of growth, challenge and opportunity for midwifery in Ontario.
Reporting to the Executive Director, and working with a dedicated team, the DFO is responsible for the overall management of the financial and administrative functions of the AOM, ensuring resources are effectively deployed to achieve our goals and enhance our overall organizational capacity and performance.
The DFO will provide strategic advice to the Association on: the administration of membership programs and services; finance (including managing audits, co-ordinating financial strategies, monitoring and planning for financial risk management and investment, and working closely with the senior management team on departmental budgets); and operations (including leadership regarding human resources and IT strategy).
This position is an integral part of the senior management team, contributing to the overall success of the AOM by participating in strategic planning, priority development, political strategizing and the development of organizational policies.
The successful candidate posses:
- Masters in Business Administration, CA, CGA, or equivalent experience
- Minimum 7 years association, non-profit or related business management experience
- Demonstrated leadership in strategic planning and senior management
- Experience in financial, human resource and operations management
- Proven track-record in managing progressively and upholding a commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion as reflected in the AOM’s position statement: http://www.aom.on.ca/Communications/Position_Statements/DiversityStateme...
- Proven track-record in building professional relationships with colleagues and stakeholders
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including in interpersonal interactions
- Broad knowledge of accounting principles, legislation and regulations in a non-profit setting
- Experience in managing investment portfolios for a medium sized organization
- Ability to relate technical information to both accounting and non-accounting staff and translate regulation into application
- Experience with information technology infrastructures
Highly proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook), Quickbooks or related software
Knowledge of midwifery care is an asset.
This full-time position offers a salary competitive with similar positions in professional associations as well as a competitive extended health benefits package.
If you are interested in this position, send your resume by May 27, 2013 to:
Juana Berinstein, A/Executive Director
Association of Ontario Midwives
365 Bloor Street E., Suite 800
Toronto, ON M4W 3L4
or by email to email@example.com
Include “Director of Finance and Operations” in the subject line. Please note that resumes received will be held confidential, shared with the selection committee only and used only for the purposes of selection for this position.
For more information on the Association of Ontario Midwives, visit our website at http://www.aom.on.ca.
Due to the anticipated number of applications, we regret that we can only reply to those candidates who will be selected for an interview, but we thank all applicants for their interest in this position.