Deadline May 8, 2013
Reports To: Clinical Manager
Position Type: Casual
Hourly Rate: $63.19-$76.92 + 4% vacation pay
The East Mississauga Community Health Centre (EMCHC) is a branch of LAMP Community Health Centre. EMCHC provides health promotion and clinical services to underserviced communities. There are 5 priority populations for EMCHC: isolated seniors, LGBT individuals, racialized individuals, immigrants and refugees, and individuals living in poverty. EMCHC is now recruiting for a casual/relief Dentist (Dental Programs) providing services to under-resourced persons living in the region of Peel.
The position will suit an individual with a passion and commitment towards innovation and an inclusive workplace that respects and values the diversity of every individual.
- Obtains complete medical history and verifies/applies medical history prior to treatment.
- Performs complete oral examinations, formulates comprehensive treatment plans, informs clients of and obtains consent for treatment plans including hygiene.
- Performs recall exams and works in conjunction with hygiene team to ensure comprehensive oral health of clients on a regular basis.
- Performs non-emergency dental treatments such as restorations, crown and bridge, endodontic, periodontal.
- Responsible for fabrication of dental prosthetic appliances.
- Orders and interprets x-rays, prescribes antibiotics and administers local anesthetic as clinically indicated.
- Ensures quality care by Dental Assistants.
- Performs routine practices and additional precautions according to current infection control guidelines.
- Completes all documentation in accordance with the EMCHC clinic dental documentation policies and professional standards set by the Royal College of Dental Surgeons of Ontario (RCDSO) – Medical History Record Keeping (2008).
Skill, Knowledge and Specifications:
- Degree in Doctor of Dental Surgery, licensed and in good standing with RCDSO.
- At least three years recent and extensive experience in a large dental practice.
- Experience working in a community dental clinic or in a public health environment, and with a diverse population, an asset.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with clients and staff
- Familiar and comfortable with working in a values-based organization.
- Knowledge of HSO and CLNOT programs an asset.
- Team leadership experience
- Languages relevant to the residents of Peel Region a definite asset.
The successful candidate will demonstrate a willingness to participate in EMCHC’s service delivery philosophy and EMCHC’s commitment to becoming an inclusive, barrier-free dental clinic. The candidate must demonstrate an ability to work interdependently and respectfully in an interdisciplinary team.
This position requires flexibility in hours of work to support accessible program service delivery and the centre hours of operation. As such the position entails some evening and weekend work.
To apply please send a resume and cover letter to
185 Fifth Street
Toronto, Ontario, M8V 2Z5
Email: email@example.com In the subject line please quote: Dentist (Casual/Relief)
Fax: (416) 252-4474
Posting ends Wednesday May 8, 2013 at 5:00 p.m.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted
LAMP is dedicated to achieving a workforce that reflects the diversity of the community it serves and encourages applications from equity seeking groups.