Deadline May 15, 2013
Duration: June 3rd, 2013-June 3rd, 2015
Part Time: 18 hours/week
The Peterborough Drug Awareness Coalition is seeking a highly organized and self-motivated individual to help promote and organize several youth engagement projects:
- Connect-Change-Connect: Tobacco cessation groups
- Life Unleashed: Youth speakers training
- Challenges, Beliefs & Changes Peer mentoring/education
- PotTalks: creative opportunities to dialogue about drug use (especially cannabis & tobacco)
- Everyone has a Story: an anonymous postcard campaign culminating in an art show
The successful candidate would engage youth in and out of school, organize trainings for youth peer leaders, and coordinate public events.
This position requires basic bookkeeping skills including filing receipts, tracking budget expenditures, and preparing financial reports for funders. Attention to this financial tracking may require up to 1/3 of the weekly hours.
The preferred candidate will have:
- High school diploma with post-secondary experience in human services, event management or a related discipline
- Proven ability to relate and engage youth from a diversity of backgrounds
- Experience in bookkeeping; understanding of budgets and Microsoft Excel software
- Excellent organizational skills
- Knowledge of social media and how youth communicate
- Demonstrated ability to execute work plans in a timely and comprehensive manner
- Event management experience and project management experience
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task and be self-directed
- Supportive of the concepts of youth resiliency and a harm reduction approach to drug prevention
- Knowledge of local schools/navigating the high school environment an asset
- Experience in meeting funders requirements an asset
- Criminal Reference Check with Vulnerable Sector clearance required
Applicants are invited to submit a cover letter and resume (in a single pdf document) by May 15, 3pm via email: email@example.com.
Interviews will likely be scheduled May 22-24.
Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. Funding for this position has been received from the Ontario Trillium Foundation (OTF). The OTF is an agency of the Government of Ontario.