Deadline January 21, 2013
Lead, learn and grow at the WSIB
The Workplace Safety and Insurance Board (WSIB) is an independent trust agency that administers compensation and no-fault insurance for Ontario workplaces. We are committed to delivering what matters to the workers and employers of Ontario: fast, accessible service and fair benefits at a fair price. The WSIB provides wage loss benefits, medical coverage and help getting back to work - the best possible outcome following an injury on the job.
The head office is located in downtown Toronto, a five minute walk from Union Station with easy access to the GO Station and TTC. The WSIB has over 4,000 employees working in various locations across the province. Our employees are given excellent growth opportunities, a safe and challenging work environment, flexible work hours and a market competitive total compensation plan. The WSIB celebrates all forms of diversity and strives to hire employees that are representative of the communities in which we serve.
We are currently seeking a:
Performance Evaluation Analyst (Toronto, Temporary up to 1 year)
- Gain an understanding of the Work Reintegration (WR) evaluation research questions by consulting with the branch management and staff, the business, and senior management.
- Assist in the development and implementation of the WR evaluation framework that include:
- identifying evaluation questions by reviewing relevant program and methodological literature, consulting with the business, branch staff and with other internal/external experts.
- planning methodologies by specifying data requirements (surveys, qualitative interviews, case studies and external data) and the assessment of their relevance, reliability, completeness, availability and validity including determining the appropriate and relevant sample size and identifying proper sampling techniques.
- designing and testing evaluation instruments (surveys, interviews and focus groups, case studies and external data) prior to implementation to ensure relevance, reliability, completeness and validity.
- collecting data from various sources (such as, surveys in partnership with the Research Team, Corporate Strategy, focus groups or individual interviews, case studies)
- analyzing and interpreting data including working with the Senior Information Analyst to combine analysis and results from surveys and other qualitative and quantitative evaluation methodologies with system data to develop a deeper understanding of the WR program performance, emerging issues, impacts and trends, and drivers of WR program performance and recommendations for program improvement.
- presenting results of WR program impacts, drivers of program performance and recommendations for program improvement and future program evaluation requirements to the WR Division, other areas (such as Operations Cluster, Executive Committee, Board of Directors), and external stakeholders.
- Provide advice, opinion and expertise on the development of logic models, program evaluation research design, sampling, and emerging program evaluation methodologies and techniques.
- Participate in annual business planning by making recommendations of what further program evaluation needs to be conducted.
- Participate in, or lead, inter-divisional or external working groups and project teams liaising with both internal and external researchers when necessitated by specific evaluation projects.
- University completion at a post-graduate level with a Masters in Program Evaluation, Statistics, and/or Social Sciences.
- Two (2) years prior experience in conducting surveys, focus groups, program evaluation, and research.
- Knowledge of evaluation principles, best practices, methods, and strategies
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills to interpret data and trends
- Project management methodologies to ensure deadlines and dates are met in order to maintain services and minimize financial obligations
- Sound presentation and influencing skills in order to make appropriate recommendations for program improvement and future program evaluation requirements to Work Reintegration management
What we offer you in return:
- Market competitive total compensation plan
- Leadership Development Program
- Career Success Centre providing career and development tools and resources including individual career coaching
- Classroom and virtual learning opportunities that promote continuous learning and professional development with customized performance and talent management programs
- Employee Assistance Program
- Wellness programs and healthy workplace initiatives
- Work-life balance support through flexible arrangements and mobile access
As a precondition of employment, the Workplace Safety & Insurance Board may require a prospective candidate to undergo a criminal records name check prior to or at anytime following hire.
To apply to this position, please email your resume and cover letter in a single MSWord document and indicate in the subject line: “Performance Evaluation Analyst, Last Name, followed by First Name” by January 21, 2013, to: email@example.com
We appreciate the interest of all candidates, but advise that only those chosen for the selection process will be contacted. The Workplace Safety & Insurance Board is an equal opportunity employer.