Deadline January 11, 2012=3
Location: Community Health Services – Older Adults Program
Position: Public Health Nurse
Salary Range: $35.36-$43.51 per hour (ONA)
Note: Applicants will be considered for interviews based on the information provided in their application to the Region of Halton including a current resume and cover letter. We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those under consideration will be contacted.
This position is being offered on a full-time basis, working 35 hours per week.
Bachelor of Science in Nursing or Registered Nurse with a Certificate in Public Health Nursing from a recognized University is required. Currently holds a Certificate of Annual Registration from the College of Nurses of Ontario. The ideal candidate will have broad knowledge and experience in health promotion strategies, project management, evaluation, and healthy public policy and community development in a public health or community health setting. The candidate will have the skills to build community relationships and coalitions. Experience with the older adult population as well as good knowledge of current trends in seniors’ health would be an asset. Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, and strong computer skills are required. An equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered.
Travel will be required between locations within Halton Region. Incumbent must supply own transportation. This position requires weekend and evening work to meet program needs.
Standards of promoting health, building community capacity, building relationships, facilitating access and equity, and professional responsibility and accountability are to be utilized within this nursing function.
- Areas of service are in the Older Adults Program with an emphasis on healthy aging for the senior population.
- Participation in community based projects on seniors’ health.
- Consultation with agencies, with community professionals and with Health Department staff on issues relating to older adults.
- Represents the Health Department on community and corporate committees.
- Works in office and community settings involving individuals, families and groups, therefore requiring travel almost daily.
- Functions as a member of a team: collaborates with health department, division and the community to implement health promotion programs.
- Assists in strategy and project development within the Older Adults Program
- Performs other duties, as assigned.
Posted: December 20, 2012
Posting Expires January 11, 2013
Posting #: H-405-12
Note: Personal information collected through the job application process will only be used for the purpose of determining qualifications for employment. Questions about the job application process can be directed to the contact to the right. Apply online: http://www.halton.ca.
Human Resource Services
Regional Municipality of Halton
1151 Bronte Road
Oakville, ON L6M 3L1
Fax: (905) 825-4032