Deadline August 30, 2012
[Online application link upated August 24]
Position Title: Supervisor, Data Services 13469
Reporting to the Manager, Strategic Analysis and Data Services, is responsible for supervising the preparation, evaluation, assessment, analysis and interpretation of statistical, demographic (e.g. census data) and other data for the Branch; co-ordinating and leading major customer survey research and data analysis projects for the Department; and providing support and training to staff in the recording, monitoring and reporting on programs and services.
- Successful completion of a University Degree in Social Sciences or related field or approved equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum three years experience in statistical data analysis, data and demographic interpretation, (e.g. census data) survey development, project management, database design, program evaluation, and report writing, and demonstrated supervisory or leadership experience in a unionized environment.
- Knowledge of municipal government practices.
- Demonstrated knowledge of relevant Standards, Acts, By-Laws and Regulations.
- Knowledge of and demonstrated ability in corporate core competencies including customer service, communication, team work, initiative/self management, accountability, and flexibility/adaptability.
- Management competencies including results/achievement focus, human resources management, leadership, financial management, business planning, decision making/judgement, representation and professionalism and job knowledge.
- Demonstrated skills establishing, maintaining and producing complex databases/spreadsheets including current experience with database design, report generation and modifications.
- Strong report writing, research and project management skills to meet program objectives and work to tight deadlines and analytical skills to interpret and reconcile complex statistical reports.
- Computer literacy utilizing MS Office software applications.
- Contemporary staff supervisory skills including knowledge of collective agreement administration and interpretation, labour relations principles and practices, and relevant employment legislation.
- Ability to interpret statistical data, including social indicator research and a variety of legislation, explain complex issues and terminology, analyze issues and make timely decisions in accordance with appropriate legislation and the needs of the organization.
- Ability to work outside regular business hours, as required.
It's About People and Possibilities
The Regional Municipality of York consists of a dynamic blend of rural and urban communities. The nine local municipalities provide a mix of small-town and city living with an emphasis on fostering community character. As one of Greater Toronto's Top Employers (2011), York Region offers diverse and vibrant career opportunities that reflect the ideals, spirit and quality of life of a much sought-after and growing metropolis.
Visit http://www.york.ca/careers to apply.