Halifax, Nova Scotia
October 29-30, 2012
The Forum brings together subject experts, workers, employers, and government representatives to share their collective knowledge and experience around the issues of mental health in the workplace, harassment and bullying, healthy workplaces, and the impact of psychosocial work factors on musculoskeletal disorders (MSDs).
The Forum IV program features expert presenters; tripartite panel discussions; interactive workshops, networking opportunities; simultaneous French language interpretation and professional certification maintenance points.
The program includes the following presentations:
- The Bully, the Bullied, and the Bystander: Breaking the Cycle of Violence in the Workplace – Barbara Coloroso, international bestselling author.
- Are Psychosocial Factors Risk Factors for Musculoskeletal Symptoms and Disorders? - Birgitte Blatter, Business Line Manager of 'Healthy, Vital and Safe Work' at TNO in the Netherlands.
- How Healthy is Your Workplace When it omes to Mental Health? – Donna Hardaker, Mental Health Works Specialist, Canadian Mental Health Association York Region Branch.
- Bullying at Work: Overcoming Organizational Resistance – Dr. Gary Namie, social psychologist and widely regarded as one of North America's foremost authorities on workplace bullying.
- Psychological Health and Safety: An Action Guide for Employers – Merv Gilbert, principal partner at Gilbert Acton Ltd., and Dan Bilsker, Psychologist, Centre for Applied Research in Mental Health & Addiction (Simon Fraser University).
Participants registering on or before July 31, 2012 are eligible for early bird pricing.
More information about the program and registration including, early registration, group and student discounts is available at http://www.ccohs.ca/events/forumIV.