Deadline May 11, 2012
Full Time Permanent (1.0FTE)
The North Lanark Community Health Centre provides primary health care and health promotion services to the community of North Lanark.
The Dietitian provides a wide range of nutrition services for the Centre including: working with individuals and groups in order to improve their nutritional well being; preventing and treating nutrition-related disorders by nutritional means; increasing access to food; and enhancing personal control of health. The Dietitian works in collaboration with staff in the development and delivery of centre and community programs to address the broader issues of food and food security within the catchment area. On of the priority populations for the Registered Dietitian is the Healthy Young Families population (families with children age 0 to 6).
- Baccalaureate degree in food and nutrition from a recognized university
- Completion of a Dietitians of Canada accredited Dietetic Internship or equivalent approved experience
- Registration with the College of Dietitians of Ontario
- Minimum of two years of experience (professional and volunteer) in community nutrition and clinical counseling, or other relevant experience
- Understanding of issues that place individuals at risk for poor health outcomes, rural health needs and food security
Interested individuals should submit résumés by noon on May 11, 2012 to:
Kerri Choffe, Health Services Manager
Lanark Health and Community Services
207 Robertson Drive
Lanark, ON K0G 1K0
Phone: (613) 259-2182
Fax: (613) 259-5235