Surrey, British Columbia
Deadline April 20, 2012
Healthy Communities and Sport Development Coordinator – City of Surrey
“Building healthy communities where all people are active and engaged for life”
Term Position (8 months) – May 1st to Dec 31st, 2012
Full Time (35 hours weekly)
Working in this term position with the City of Surrey as a leader in the Healthy Communities section of the Community and Recreation Services Division you will collaborate with staff teams and a variety of community partners to develop, implement and evaluate local community health promotion initiatives. You will also lead the implementation and further development of a comprehensive sport development model within the delivery of recreation programs and services.
- Relevant degree, Masters preferred.
- Experience working with diverse populations.
- Experience in program development, implementation, monitoring and evaluation is an asset.
- 3+ years experience working with the community focused on health promotion, community development, recreation and sport opportunities.
- Innovative, positive outlook, high energy, visionary, strong leader.
If you enjoy:
- working with interdisciplinary teams and community organizations to engage the local community and collaboratively address identified needs and interests;
- sharing your passion for sport development, health promotion and recreation; and
- building capacity within the community,
send your cover letter and resume to llbowie@surrey. ca by April 20, 2012.