Deadline March 23, 2012
Department: Windsor Regional Cancer Centre
Posting Number: 11.969
Closing Date: Friday, March 23, 2012 At 3:00 p.m.
Status: Non-Union Full Time
The Coordinator, Cancer Prevention and Screening utilizes a comprehensive health promotion approach, based on evidence, best practice and health promotion/social marketing theory, to develop and successfully implement cancer prevention and screening initiatives across the Erie St Clair region. The Coordinator works in close partnership with multiple community stakeholders to achieve the strategic prevention & screening goals and priorities of Cancer Care Ontario and the ESC Regional Cancer Program
- (please see the job description for a complete listing of all duties/responsibilities)
- Develops and implements cancer prevention and screening promotion strategies, based on current evidence and/or best practice, across the ESC region.
- Completes logic models to support and guide specific strategy planning & implementation
- Plans for, interprets and analyzes relevant data to guide quality improvements
- Plans, implements and evaluates culturally sensitive promotional strategies for hard to reach populations.
- Develops grant proposals in response to identified funding opportunities
- Manages process improvements and program development projects, keeping senior management apprised of progress and issues.
- Identifies opportunities for awareness building and promotion of regional cancer prevention/screening programs and services.
- (please see the job description for a complete listing of all qualifications)
- Baccalaureate preparation in health, communication or adult education with a concentrated focus in health promotion required.
- Masters degree in health promotion or related field preferred.
- A minimum one year experience in health promotion or a related field required.
- Experience in program development, evaluation, social marketing and behavioural change is required.
- Experience in evidence-based research and evaluation an asset
- Excellent problem solving, analytical, research and statistical analysis required.
- Demonstrated skill with proposal development and proposal writing.
- Exceptional communication skills using both oral and written format.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- High level of proficiency with Microsoft office software applications.
- A valid Ontario Drivers License and access to a reliable vehicle.
- French Language proficiency an asset.
Interested Candidates are to forward their resume in confidence to:
We are an equal opportunity employer. We thank all applicants in advance for their interest, however only those under consideration will be contacted.