Deadline March 23, 2012
Posting Number: 11.951
Closing Date: Friday, March 23, 2012 at 3:00 p.m.
Reports To: Regional Vice President, Cancer Services
Status: Non Union Full Time
The Director of the Cancer Program is responsible for managing all aspects of clinical cancer services at the Cancer Centre and In-Patient Oncology Unit at Windsor Regional Hospital. The Director will work collaboratively to strengthen and develop partnerships within WRH and the Erie St. Clair LHIN to ensure the delivery of high quality care and outcomes and to facilitate integration and coordination of excellent cancer patient care. The Director models and leads the development of effective and successful multidisciplinary teams based on mutual respect, shared expertise and the provision of evidence-based, compassionate care to cancer patients and their families. The Director will apply strategic operations knowledge and a broad-based clinical and management expertise across an integrated patient care portfolio.
- (Please see the job description for additional details)
- Responds to complex, sensitive and/or contentious issues and queries, ensuring patient care needs are met.
- Establishes and oversees execution of long and short-term strategies, goals and objectives for the portfolio in alignment with the organization’s/Cancer Program/ESC Regional Cancer strategic plans.
- Establishes portfolio policies, practices and procedures to ensure regulatory compliance, service delivery and the operationalization of learning, skill development and capability.
- Oversees management of portfolio financial and human resources to support the achievement of goals and objectives and recommends for approval portfolio operating plans/ budgets.
- Leads and oversees patient care quality, patient safety, and risk management for the portfolio.
- Contributes to the fulfillment of the organization’s/Cancer Program/ESC Regional Cancer strategic plans and vision.
- Develops portfolio programs and appropriate performance/success indicators that support the organizations/Cancer Program/ESC Regional Cancer strategic directions and ensures alignment with community partner strategies.
- Establishes portfolio infrastructure that promotes the integration of programs, services and activities.
- Represents the organization’s/Cancer Program/ESC Regional Cancer Program position at industry and community forums/meetings
- Registered Nurse, eligible for registration with the College of Nurses of Ontario.
- Baccalaureate Degree in Nursing or a related discipline required.
- Masters Degree in health, business or related discipline plus a minimum of 7 years health-related experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience is required.
- Effective communication with and understanding of others to build collaborative successful teams
- Ability to communicate in the French Language would be considered an asset
- Evidence of focusing on the needs of patients, families and health care partners
- Demonstrated ability in building and maintaining relationships
- Proven track record in organizing and managing processes, including change management
- Effective communication with and team building skills
- Highly developed critical thinking skills and the ability to conceptualize and analyze problems
- Demonstrated ability to make quality and innovative decisions based on data
Interested Candidates are to forward their resume in confidence to:
We are an equal opportunity employer. We thank all applicants in advance for their interest, however only those under consideration will be contacted.