Deadline October 20, 2011
Community Health - It’s a Partnership
Hamilton Urban Core Community Health Centre is a thriving inner city health centre and a leader in the provision of high-quality primary health services and programs. We are seeking an experienced and focused individual to join our dynamic staff team.
The Bookkeeper / Financial Administrator works with and supports Management in planning and decision making through the efficient handling of the Centre’s financial resources. Overall the Bookkeeper / Financial Administrator is responsible for assisting with budget preparation and management, preparing financial reports as required, maintaining the financial records of the organization, and maintaining appropriate accounting procedures consistent with generally accepted accounting principles and the policies of the Centre.
- Three to five years bookkeeping experience, preferably in a non-profit setting
- Experience with budget preparation and monitoring
- Knowledge of grant practices and procedures
- Experience maintaining financial records and information related to a range of funding sources and complying with standards and expectations
- Working knowledge of Ontario Health Reporting System
- Proficiency in the use of computers and various software applications, including accounting software
- Experience producing information and reports to support planning and meet financial and reporting requirements
- Strong communication and organizational skills
- Relevant education and work experience
Interested individuals are invited to forward a covering letter and resume by 5:00 pm Thursday October 20th, 2011 to:
The Bookkeeper / Financial Administrator Hiring Committee
Hamilton Urban Core Community Health Centre
71 Rebecca Street
Hamilton, ON L8R 1B6
Fax: (905) 522-5374
Hamilton Urban Core CHC is committed to equity in employment.