Deadline February 7, 2011
The Canadian Agency for Drugs and Technologies in Health (CADTH) is dedicated to delivering impartial evidence-based information, recommendations and advice on health technologies to benefit all Canadians.
Manager, Clinical Research
(12 month term – Edmonton Office)
Is timing right for you to take the next step in your career? CADTH has 12 month term opportunity in our Edmonton office for the position of Clinical Research Manager. The primary roles of the Manager, Clinical Research are managing and leading a professional staff and leading projects. You’ll also be a contributing member of CADTH’s management team. Interested? Please read on.
As the project lead, you are the primary contact between research teams and the drug expert advisory committee or health technology expert advisory panel and you will lead the development of Optimal Therapy Recommendations through these committees. As required by project, you will collaborate with external content experts and health care agencies. You’ll also directly contribute to our evidence based assessments up to 15% of the time.
In this role you’ll have plenty of interaction with all parts of the CADTH team. For example, you’ll work with:
- The Program Development Office throughout the life of the project to ensure project specifications are clear and well understood and conveyed to the project team;
- You’ll provide input to the Director, Operations and other managers to assign resources to support timely completion of our projects;
- In addition to being familiar with CADTH’s methodological standards, you’ll be asked to contribute to “advancing the science”; and,
- As the reporting manager of a group of professionals, you’ll help guide and ensure the success of your team.
As our ideal candidate you have of a graduate degree in a health-related discipline, plus at least 6-8 years of relevant experience in the health sector or an equivalent combination of education and experience. In addition you bring:
- broad knowledge and experience in research methods used in the development and application of health technology assessments and in the peer review process for scientific reports;
- leadership and management capability and a collaborative working style;
- an understanding of the Canadian healthcare system and knowledge of the decision-making processes within the F/P/T’s;
- strong organizational and project management skills to manage concurrent projects, ensuring goals and deadlines are met and quality levels are maintained;
- the ability to work and communicate effectively with a variety of stakeholders and understand their diverse interests and agendas;
- strong interpersonal and communication, writing, presentation, negotiation, organizational, and facilitation skills; and,
- a commitment to personal learning and development.
Challenge yourself. Make a contribution to our leadership team. Grow your career. To apply, visit the career section of our website at http://www.cadth.ca/careers and submit your application by end of business day on February 7, 2011.