Deadline February 11, 2011
The Director, Mental Health and Addictions, is responsible and accountable for the provision of quality services delivered through the LESA Addiction Treatment Program and the Social Services team, by ensuring ongoing development, service delivery and evaluation within the framework of the CCHC philosophy and strategic direction. The Director, Mental Health and Addictions, ensures the provision of outreach services to the larger Ottawa community for the LESA program, including community treatment, education sessions, inter-agency activities and public awareness activities directed towards achieving better health for seniors with problems related to their use of alcohol, other psychoactive drugs and gambling. The Director ensures the delivery of outreach services for the social services team within CCHC’s local catchment area and the Ottawa area in regards to specialized services. As a member of the Management Team, the Director is responsible for all aspects of staff management, including clinical supervision, and administration for the Mental Health and Additions Team and liaises with external groups/agencies in order to ensure effective service delivery.
- Master level degree in Social Work, Counselling, Health Administration, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum five (5) years management experience managing a multi-disciplinary social services team including clinical supervision of staff.
- Experience working with seniors or adults.
- Experience in mental health and addictions.
- Understanding of the Community Health Centre model of care.
- Sound knowledge of general management principles, including financial and human resource management.
- Program development and evaluation experience.
- Strong critical analysis, problem solving, planning, decision-making, leadership, organizational and change management skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written, communication skills.
- Strong promoter and enhancer of teamwork.
- Proficient with word processing, spreadsheet and email software.
- Familiarity with management information systems.
- Experience in adult education.
- English, written and spoken
- French, written and spoken
Start date: April 2011
Salary range: $79,556-$95,850/year
Excellent benefits package including Hospitals of Ontario Pension Plan
How to “express an interest” for this opportunity:
Write a letter of interest (up to 2 word processed pages in English) telling us how you meet the requirements of this role (as identified above). Submit your letter of interest along with your résumé on or before Noon, February 11, 2011 to:
Centretown Community Health Centre
420 Cooper Street,
Ottawa, ON K2P 2N6
Fax: (613) 233-3987
We regret only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. CCHC is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity in its workforce.
Every One Matters.