Deadline February 4, 2011
Canadian Paraplegic Association (CPA) Ontario is an expert in the field of spinal cord injury (SCI). Founded in 1945, our mission is to assist persons with spinal cord injuries and other physical disabilities achieve independence, self-reliance, and full community participation. CPA Ontario is a vibrant community-based organization that has dramatically increased its revenue and undergone significant growth in recent years to better serve our clients. CPA Ontario values and recognizes the contributions of its employees and prides itself for supporting a personal work-life balance and being a workplace of choice.
Our Client Services team is currently looking for a dynamic and innovative individual for the contract position of SCI Education Co-ordinator (approximately 1 year + in duration) at the Toronto Provincial office (Leaside).
The SCI Resource Centre, Spinal Cord Connections is a learning partnership between CPA Ontario and Toronto Rehab.
As part of a dynamic provincial team, this contract SCI Education Co-ordinator will report to the Senior Manager, Employment Services and Quality Assurance at CPA Ontario. This contract position will be responsible for overseeing daily operations of the SCI Physical Resource Centre and will:
- Develop and design educational programs based on best practices and adult learning principles for the SCI Resource Centre and CPA Ontario programs and services.
- Work collaboratively with the Toronto Rehab, Spinal Cord Rehab Program and their Patient and Family Educator in the design and development of the educational programming for the SCI Physical and Electronic Resource Centre.
- Develop education/learning modules and facilitate workshops for clients and the community on a variety of topics, using both in-person and web-based design.
- Develop and implement processes and systems for information and volunteer management for the SCI Resource Centre to meet the goals of the centre.
- Develop educational content for the joint website www.spinalcordconnections.ca
- Lead and participate in the evaluation of Information and Education Services at CPA Ontario as it relates to the SCI Resource Centre and related internal and external partnerships, to determine future directions and requirements to provide a responsive and quality service.
- Function as a resource, liaison, and educational facilitator for individuals with spinal cord injury, their families, health care professionals, community service providers and the general public.
- Work collaboratively with Toronto Rehab and other internal and external partners to build service delivery in the area of information and educational services.
- Actively seek out new and current information and research for persons living with spinal cord injury.
- Develop and manage program plan and budget for the Centre.
Your Skills include:
- Three to five years experience planning, designing, implementing and evaluating adult education programs in a community setting.
- Master’s degree in Adult Education or a related discipline (or currently in progress) is strongly preferred. Undergraduate degree in related discipline.
- Strong knowledge of community services and health care/rehabilitation environment.
- Demonstrated knowledge of spinal cord injury either through personal experience, professional experience or a combination of both.
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Ability to collect, maintain and apply statistical information to improve service delivery in relevant area.
- Excellent judgment, strong interpersonal and communication skills, and knowledge of plain language principles.
- Solid technology skills with Microsoft Office, database management, web content authoring, online learning, and experience.
Your positive relationship-building skills, coupled with a solid record of innovation, commitment and results-focused outcomes make you the ideal candidate for this position. If you would like to make a meaningful contribution to your community while working with a team whose credo is “Work Hard, Be Fair, Care”, we look forward to receiving your application. We offer a competitive salary and a great working environment that takes into consideration a work – life balance.
Please forward your resume and cover letter outlining your professional competencies, as related to the job posting by February 4th, 2011, outlining your experience as related to the job posting in confidence to:
520 Sutherland Drive
Toronto, ON M4G 3V9
CPA Ontario is an equal opportunity employer dedicated to achieving accessibility in employment for persons with disabilities. While preference will be given to persons with a spinal cord injury or other physical disability (in accordance with sub-sections 14(1) and 24(1) (a) of the Ontario Human Rights Code and any requirements of the Accessibility For Ontarians With Disabilities Act, 2005), we encourage all interested individuals to apply. We thank all applicants; however, only those under consideration will be contacted.