Deadline July 5, 2010
Program: Family Health
Term: One Year
The specialist has enhanced responsibilities related to the Foundational Standards of the Ontario Public Health Standards in the following areas: population health assessment and surveillance; program evaluation; and research and knowledge exchange. The specialist works within a multi-disciplinary team and with program staff, toward meeting the requirements of the Foundational Standard, under the Ontario Public Health Standards (OPHS).
- Master’s degree (health related) preferred
- Discipline specific bachelor’s degree plus three of the four following courses: Research methods, Statistics, Epidemiology, Program Evaluation
- Three years related experience in public health preferred
- Experience in conducting program planning (using research evidence and best practice), program evaluation, surveillance, and population health assessment
Skills, Knowledge, Abilities:
- Sound understanding and knowledge of concepts of population health status, health influences, and disease (or injury) risk factors and demonstrated ability to apply knowledge to practice
- Sound understanding of research and analytic methods
- Demonstrated ability to identify, obtain and appraise critically the relevant scientific literature
- Demonstrated ability to interpret population health assessments and surveillance data for program planning and evaluation
- Demonstrated ability to conduct population health assessments and program evaluations
- Demonstrated ability to analyze and interpret data, and to apply the results to program decisions
- Excellent liaison, facilitation, consultation and collaboration skills
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Excellent decision-making and problem-solving skills for complex problems
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and with a multidisciplinary team
- Demonstrated computer proficiency with word processing, database, spreadsheet, statistical, presentation and electronic mail software packages
- Proven ability to attend work regularly
- Ability to meet the physical demands of the position.
If you are interested in one this exciting opportunity, please apply in writing by July 5, 2010, to: Human Resources, KFL&A Public Health: [email protected].
We thank all those who take the time to apply, but only those chosen for an interview will be contacted.