June 23, 2010
13h00 until 14h30
This webinar presented by the Healthy Communities Consortium is designed to assist primarily managers and intermediaries of Anglophone and/ or bilingual organizations to better understand the context of the delivery of French language services in Ontario. It will offer an overview of key elements necessary to develop quality French language services, create successful partnerships and better engaged with the Francophone communities across Ontario.
Most specifically, we will learn and reflect on the impacts of some cultural, social and political aspects of servicing francophone minorities such as:
- Various important facts and statistics about the Francophone communities in Ontario
- How constitutional and provincial status play a role in servicing language minority in Canada and Ontario
- Socio-linguistic concepts explaining linguistic minorities’ behaviors
- How to avoid the most common mistakes and pitfalls in French language services
- Best practices in Francophone engagement and French language services
- Reaching out to Francophone: where to start
This webinar will be in English language
For registration, visit http://www.ohcc-ccso.ca/en/engaging-with-francophone-communities-in-onta....