Deadline June 25, 2010
Position Type: Full Time
The Canadian Agency for Drugs and Technologies in Health (CADTH) is looking for an individual to join our dynamic, multidisciplinary team of professionals who are committed to delivering impartial evidence-based information, recommendations and advice to benefit all Canadians.
CADTH is seeking a Knowledge Exchange Officer to join the Knowledge Exchange (KE) group at CADTH. Using your strong communications talents and skills and clinical expertise, you will support CADTH programs, products and services.
As Knowledge Exchange Officer, you will be responsible for:
- Interpreting reports and products in order to develop key messages for a variety of target audiences and to write clear, succinct knowledge exchange/communication products for health professionals and government policy and decision makers.
- creating targeted knowledge exchange/transfer tactics and strategies to transfer CADTH’s research findings to key audiences;
- working with our internal communications team to develop communication pieces to highlight key messages for policy and decision makers and media relations campaigns for high level knowledge transfer projects;
- networking and establishing relationships with key external groups/stakeholders to identify and create synergies and opportunities to highlight CADTH deliverables;
- project managing KE for assigned products by determining project needs, timelines and engaging internal and external resources;
- assessing the impact of CADTH knowledge exchange material and making recommendations on future improvements and best practices.
Your target audiences are the federal and provincial ministries of health, regional health authorities, local health integrated networks, major hospitals and health care providers. The types of products/tools you will prepare will include: key messages; summary reports; newsletters; decision aids; etc. for various audiences covering CADTH research findings.
Successful candidates will have a degree in one of the following: English, Journalism, Communications or Education with 6-8 years experience in a health care environment or an additional degree in health sciences along with 3-5 years of related experience. Your other attributes include:
- knowledge of the Canadian health care system
- a good understanding of research and evidence-based medicine principles as well as an understanding of critical appraisal of medical literature and ability to synthesize the information
- a strong understanding of ‘best practices’ in the knowledge transfer field and experience developing knowledge transfer/communications plans
- excellent writing skills along with effective presentation and interpersonal skills
- ability to establish and maintain strong working relationships
- excellent organizational and time management skills
- strong customer service orientation and attitude
- ability to work effectively within a multi-disciplinary team environment
To find out more about this exciting opportunity, visit the career section of our website at http://www.cadth.ca/careers and submit your application.