Quality of Life
-- by Toba Bryant, PhD, York Centre for Health Studies and
Dennis Raphael, PhD, School of Health Policy and Management, York University
If you have a resource or point of view to add to this article, let us know by writing to email@example.com. More information on our Letters to the Editor column can be found in the OHPE News section of OHPE 268.0 (http://www.ohpe.ca/ebulletin/ViewAnnouncements.cfm?ISSUE_ID=268&startrow=1).
Type of Resource: Book
Source: the University of Toronto, Toronto, 1998
Author: Raphael, D., Steinmetz, B., and Renwick, R
Using a series of public dialogues with groups from across Canada, researchers explored citizens' perceptions concerning quality of life issues. Regardless of personal background, participants agreed that the issues involved included political rights and democracy, health, education, the environment, social programs, personal well-being, safe communities, the economy and government. Results were analyzed according to participants' memberships in the following population groups: rural, urban, influencer or hard-to-reach.
A. Responses to OHPE 307.1, "Risk Communication: An Overview (reprint)"
1) J. Challis commentary on SARS communications and link to article
2) Marketing Magazine article "Toronto's PR bungle on SARS"
3) P. Sandman and J. Lanard link to their column "'Fear is spreading faster than SARS'-- and so it should!"
B. Response to OHPE 310.1, "Access to Oral Health Services"
1) Halton Oral Health Outreach Program
The Regional Municipality of Niagara
Community Services Division
Seniors Community Programs
163 First Avenue, Unit #1
Welland, ON L3B 1Y4
905-735-3339 or 1-877-212-3922 ext 237
II Needs of the informal caregiver
III Caregiver Support Program
- written by Lise Tessier, Infirmière en santé publique/Public Health Nurse, Programme de soutien aux aidants naturels/Caregiver Support Program, Ville d'Ottawa/City of Ottawa, 495 Richmond Road, Ottawa, Ontario, K2A 4A4, 724-4122 #26185 Lise.Tessier@city.ottawa.on.ca
With contributions from Jean McKibbon and Maryan O'Hagan.