33 Russell Street
(416) 535 -8501
33 Russell Street
The U.S. Department of Education's Higher Education Centre for Alcohol and Other Drug Prevention has an interesting series of print resources that can be retrieved from their web-site.
II The Issue: Youth Partying and PITRS
III The PITRS Evaluation Design
IV March 2000 Conference Evaluation Results
V March 2001 Evaluation Results
VI Lessons Learned: Evaluation = Innovation
Written by Joanne Kaashoek, Toronto Public Health, "Party in the Right Spirit" Program Committee.
II The role of workplace policies
III A comprehensive approach
IV Lessons from the field
This is an excerpt from a forthcoming publication of the Alcohol Policy Network entitled Let's Take Action on Alcohol Problems in the Workplace, a practical guide to policy development for employers, employees and others concerned about health, safety and liability. The full report, written by Brian Hyndman and others, includes
* a discussion of the role of policy in preventing alcohol problems affecting the workplace;
* a 7-step process for developing workplace alcohol policies;
* practical tips and suggestions for effective policy development based on discussions with colleagues in the field;
* a policy tool kit and three checklists to help readers evaluate the process, content and implementation of their policy; and
* a list of key contacts and resources, including a sample workplace substance abuse prevention policy.
The report will be posted on http://www.apolnet.org in January 2002. For the readers of the OHPE Bulletin, we present here the section on "Lessons from the field" as well as a selection of resources to help with policy implementation.
Special thanks to Ana Almeida for her assistance in editing this special issue of the OHPE bulletin. For more information, please contact Paula Neves, Project Manager, Alcohol Policy Network, Ontario Public Health Association, 416-367-3313 x27 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ *
Type of Resource: Book
Source: Sage Publications, 1995, Newbury Park, California.
Author: Maibach, E., and R. Parrot. (Eds.)