Best Start provides consultations across Ontario on a wide range of
topics related to maternal health and the health of young children to
service providers who work with expectant parents and young families.
For immediate support, consultants work at no cost by phone, email or
fax to link you to resources, problem-solve, discuss strategies and
approaches, review action plans or funding proposals, or comment on
draft resources. If you are interested in this service, contact a Best
Start consultant. On-site consultations are intensive, in-depth
sessions that can help you work on a specific issue. Content and timing
are tailored to meet your needs. Basic consultations serve to increase
knowledge about current research and implications and help you consider
and select effective strategies. Advanced consultations are designed to
assist you in developing plans, designing initiatives, building
partnerships, problem solving, etc. Best Start covers most costs related
to on-site consultants.
To request an On-Site Consultation, send an email to
* Wendy Burgoyne, 1-800-397-9567 (press 3), [email protected];
* Mara Celmins, 1-800-397-9567 extension 345, [email protected];
* Mario Corbeil, 1-800-397-9567 (press 3), [email protected]; or
* Sue Weststrate, 1-800-397-9567 (press 3), [email protected].
Please be sure to include the following: Contact Name, Organization,
Address, Phone, Fax, Email, Topic/Issue, Language of Consultation
(French, English), What you hope it will accomplish, When would you like
it to occur, Who will participate, and Where it would take place.
Best Start will review requests for On-site Consultations every 6 months
and a decision will be made within 4 weeks of the following deadlines:
* December 1, 2004, for services from April to September 2005
* June 1, 2005, for services from October 2005 to March 2006
* December 1, 2005, for services from April to September 2006
* June 1, 2006, for services from October 2006 to March 2007
If you have any questions, do not hesitate to contact us.