Job # PH/2008/009 - Re-posted
Position: Planning and Evaluation Coordinator - OPSEU
Hours of Work: Permanent - Full-Time - 35 Hours Per Week
Effective: As Soon As Possible
Location: Main Office - North Bay
Additional Info: Vacant Position
Under the direction of a Public Health Director, the successful candidate provides leadership, expertise and coordination of the design, facilitation and implementation of the planning and evaluation cycle for all programs and related administrative activities of the health unit. This includes establishing and maintaining a planning and evaluation framework; facilitating collection and use of program related data; providing ongoing consultation to health unit management and staff; facilitating special projects and ensuring liaison with external organizations. The Planning and Evaluation Coordinator assists in the establishment of community and organizational health priorities within a framework that utilizes epidemiological data and community health information.
Education, Experience, Skills and Abilities:
- Masters degree in Health Sciences, Public Health, Health Administration, Applied Social Sciences, Community Health, Program Evaluation with an emphasis on program planning and evaluation OR equivalent combination of education and experience
- Minimum three years experience in community health, preferably with an emphasis on program planning and evaluation and strategic planning
- Extensive experience with various forms of program evaluation, including use of both quantitative and qualitative research methodologies
- Working knowledge and experience of community based research methods, including the ability to organize, analyze and present data using statistical and database software
- Exceptional program planning skills with demonstrated success facilitating detailed program planning for a variety of programs involving multiple disciplines
- Exceptional facilitation and consultation skills
- Excellent interpersonal, written (including reports and proposals), and verbal communication skills, including exceptional group presentation skills
- Experience working in a multidisciplinary team setting and with community agencies
- Ability to work both independently and within a team environment
- Ability to use computer technology including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, SPSS, Endnote, Epi Info
- Ability to work flex hours as required
As a condition of employment, the successful candidate will be required to authorize the Health Unit to obtain and adjudicate a police record check at their expense. The successful candidate will be required to comply with the Health Unit's immunization policies.
Hourly Rate: Minimum $28.80 to Maximum $32.41
Closing Date: September 5, 2008 at 4:00 p.m.
Please forward your letter of application, resume and proof of education required for this position to:
Brenda Nunn-Schellenberg, Management Administrative Assistant
Attention: Job #PH/2008/009 - Re-posted
North Bay Parry Sound District Health Unit
681 Commercial Street
North Bay, ON P1B 4E7
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Telephone inquiries will not be accepted.
The Health Unit is an Equal Opportunity Employer