For over 20 years Health Nexus (formerly the Ontario Prevention Clearinghouse) has been enabling communities to promote health-in Ontario and beyond. At little or no cost, we help organizations and individuals develop and implement prevention and health promotion strategies, which aim to enhance well-being and reduce demand on the health care and social service systems. Our three strategic areas of focus are: early child development, chronic disease prevention and health equity (inclusion). At Health Nexus, we envision a future where health inequities are reduced and the health of our communities is improved through collective commitment, action and innovation.
The successful applicant will provide program support to the Ontario Health Promotion Resource System Secretariat, hosted by Health Nexus. Fluency in both English and French is required. Location of work is Toronto.
- Assist in the development, coordination and management of program delivery and grants administration (e.g. reports, work plans, monitoring activities and accomplishments, electronic newsletters);
- Contribute to the leadership and coordination of committees to effectively and efficiently develop, implement and evaluate activities;
- Facilitate and coordinate effective internal and external communications
- Coordinate meeting logistics and prepare minutes;
- Coordinate components of websites, including monitoring and updating content;
- Support resource and promotional material development, inventory and distribution including liaison with researchers, writers, designers, translators, printers and other vendors;
- Data entry of contacts and service records;
- Respond to general inquiries, some reception;
- Prepare cheque requisitions;
- General administrative functions (photocopy, file, fax, travel arrangements, etc.).
- Excellent oral and written proficiency in both French and English;
- Community college certificate;
- Minimum 3 years experience in a program assistant or administrative capacity, preferably in a non-profit, health promotion or social service environment;
- Excellent skills in MS Office Suite (e.g. Word, Excel, Access);
- Strong data entry skills and experience in maintaining data; accuracy required.
- Strong administrative and organizational skills, with a high degree of attention to detail and the ability to work with multiple projects and demands simultaneously;
- Excellent communication and creative problem-solving skills and the ability to work both independently and as an integral member of a team.
Please submit a letter of interest and resume, in both English and French, in confidence to
Human Resources, Health Nexus
180 Dundas Street West, Suite 1900
Toronto, ON M5G 1Z8
Fax: (416) 408-2122
Closing Date: Sunday August 10, 2008
Please see our website for more information (http://www.healthnexus.ca).
We thank all applicants for their interest. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Health Nexus is an equal opportunity employer.