The Region of Peel, comprised of Mississauga, Brampton and Caledon, is a dynamic blend of rural/urban, industrial and residential areas. We are one of Ontario's fastest growing municipalities, delivering a wide range of municipal services to over 1,000,000 residents. Peel Region is the first government in Canada to achieve the National Quality Institute's prestigious Canada Awards for Excellence.
If you are an Epidemiologist striving for excellence and seeking new challenges with an award-winning and progressive organization that values a supportive and respectful environment, teamwork, effective communication, integrity and quality service, consider this regular full-time opportunity within the Department of Health.
Epidemiologist (Public Health) File # 07-327
The Epidemiology Section of the Office of the Medical Officer of Health Services requires a dynamic, self-starter to provide epidemiological expertise and project management in the areas of health data analysis and interpretation, survey methods and program evaluation. Reporting to the Manager of Epidemiology, you will work in a self-directed manner within a collaborative team environment and will be responsible for monitoring the health status of the Region of Peel's residents through the development of health status reports; ad hoc survey research and special projects; coordinating special projects in collaboration with other health department staff; designing surveys and questionnaires; analyzing data; report writing; and working with regional and external stakeholders on various projects. You will also be given opportunities to collaborate and work with internal staff, external agencies and Epidemiology colleagues in the province.
If you possess
- a Masters degree in Epidemiology or related Science
- experience in local public health with regards to epidemiological study design and community health research
- knowledge and understanding of public and community health issues
- an ability to synthesize, evaluate and integrate health/epidemiological information from multiple sources and to provide recommendations for policy formulation/dissemination
- familiarity with SPSS, Access and Excel
- experience with BI Query and BI Analyze
- demonstrated ability to work efficiently within an interdisciplinary team setting
- strong oral and written communication skills
- strong facilitation, project management and organizational skills, we would like to hear from you.
There is more to a career at Peel; we also offer
- a salary range up to $78,722
- a comprehensive benefit package
- a high tech environment
- training and development
- a healthy workplace
- a family orientated environment and
- a workplace where your feedback is important to us.
To pursue this challenging opportunity, please apply online at http://www.peelregion.ca/jobs and click on Current Job Listings and Epidemiologist (Public Health) File# 07-327. The position is located in Brampton and it closes on September 27, 2007.
The Region of Peel, an equal opportunity employer, appreciates all responses; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted.