Closing date: September 25
Contract: October 07-April 08
The Ontario Prevention Clearinghouse (OPC) is Ontario's leading bilingual prevention and health promotion organization, providing information, education, consultation and networking services in French and English province-wide. Please see our website for more information (http://www.opc.on.ca).
OPC is seeking a communications specialist to develop communications initiatives and contribute to government relations. This is contract position, full-time (35 hours per week) ending March 31, 2008 with potential for renewal or permanent status. Fluency in English and French is preferred. Location of work is downtown Toronto.
- Lead the re-branding process of the organization: develop and implement a plan to communicate the new identity. Ensure new brand is applied consistently across promotional material, including key messages and design standards. Coordinate revision of promotional products (e.g. brochures, fliers) and external communications products for print and electronic use.
- Implement and adapt communications initiatives defined in the communications plan. This includes: developing promotional/information packages, writing/editing news stories and create promotional materials.
- Develop and maintain media, opinion leader, and policy maker contacts.
- Design and implement staff training; work closely with staff to build communications skills, knowledge and practices.
- Contribute to development of policy decisions, statements and dissemination. Help ensure placement of organization and coverage of prevention and health promotion issues..
- Work with the webmaster to ensure that websites fully support OPC's communications strategies and are effectively integrated into programs/services;
- Degree in public relations, marketing, communications or related field, or equivalent combination of experience and training. Experience in the non profit sector is an asset.
- Excellent writing and editing skills. Incumbent should be able to work effectively with variety of media and communication forms.
- Good time management skills and ability to multi-task; strong attention to detail and good problem solving skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work successfully within a team.
- Ability to work independently; must be a self-starter
- Ability to analyze and interpret complex documents and situations.
- Competency with word processing, email, internet.
- Preference will be given to candidates who also bring training and experience in public policy.
- Preference will be given to candidates with oral and written proficiency in both English and French
Please submit a letter of interest and resume, in both English and French, in confidence by September 25, 2007, to
Ontario Prevention Clearinghouse
180 Dundas Street West, Suite 1900
Toronto, ON M5G 1Z8