Position Title: Health Educator
Job Status: Full-time, Permanent
Salary Range: $34,000-$38,000
Start Date: October 2, 2007
Essential Responsibilities Summary
The incumbent advocates in the best interest of students while professionally representing Health Services. The Health Educator will provide leadership and support to Peer Education teams which consist of student Team Leaders and student volunteer Peer Educators relevant to specific topic areas such as Sexuality, Alcohol/Drugs, Stress, Nutrition, and Tobacco. The incumbent is also responsible for managing the Resource Centre and providing customer service, planning and/or delivering workshops in addition to other health promotion activities.
- Bachelor's degree and a minimum of 2 years experience in a related field.
- Fluent bilingualism (French and English);
- Experience in staff supervision.
Qualifications / Credentials:
- Experience in coordination of a volunteer program;
- High motivation, self-direction and able to work with minimal supervision;
- In-tune with students' needs;
- Strong organizational and leadership skills;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills;
- Knowledge in health promotion models and theories is an asset.
- Word, E-mail, Internet, Excel, PowerPoint.
How to Apply
Please submit your résumé and cover letter with a minimum of 2 professional references to
Health Promotions Manager
University of Ottawa Health Services
A detailed job description is available on our website at http://www.uottawa.ca/health.