Full-time Permanent Position
(Salary range: $49,394- $59,511 plus competitive benefits package)
Merrickville District Community Health Centre is a fully accredited non-profit organization in operation for over 30 years providing primary health care with an emphasis on illness prevention, health promotion and community development. We are looking for a Community Dietitian to join our team. As a member of MDCHC's inter-disciplinary team (including Physicians, Nurse Practitioners, Nurses, Social Worker, Health Promotion Coordinator, Community Health Worker, Physiotherapist, Health Services Coordinator, Chiropodist and Administrative Staff) the Dietitian provides nutritional care functions and participates in the development, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of programs and services for individuals, families and the community.
- Perform nutritional assessments; develop client-focussed nutritional plans, health education/counselling and other clinical activities according to the College of Dietitians of Ontario standards of practice.
- Perform community nutrition needs assessments, identify barriers to acquiring adequate food security and facilitate and support community initiatives to improve food security.
- Contribute to electronic chart documentation, participate in chart reviews and case coordination
- Participate in the development, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of treatment, education, counselling and health promotion programs and services for individuals, families and the community.
- University degree in foods and nutrition from a recognized university
- Completion of a Canadian Dietetic Association accredited Dietetic internship
- Eligibility for membership of Dietitians of Canada and the College of Dietitians of Ontario
- Three to five years clinical counselling and community nutrition experience
- Demonstrated knowledge of community-based health care and resources
- Experience in program development, implementation, monitoring and evaluation
- Excellent communication and group facilitation skills
- Proficiency in use of computers for electronic charting as well as Microsoft Office Suite
Hours of work: 35 hours/week; Flexible hours are required to meet service needs.
Please forward your resume and cover letter by Friday, June 15, 2007, to
Ruth Dimopoulos, Health Services Coordinator
Merrickville District Community Health Centre
P.O. Box 550
Merrickville, Ontario K0G 1N0
Fax: (613) 269-4958
[email protected] (MS Word format only)
*MDCHC is funded by the Ministry of Health and Long-term Care