9:30 a.m.-3:30 p.m.
519 Community Centre, 519 Church Street, Toronto
This will be an interactive training day that will focus on working with transgender/transsexual individuals through an anti-oppression approach. Facilitated by trainers from The Trans Inclusion Project this workshop aims to
- Cover basic trans 101 information--definitions, transition, and history
- Identify current barriers to access within agencies
- Address issues of marginalization--sex-work, homelessness, and violence
- Build tools for service providers to move towards further inclusion
Fee: $40 (with sliding scale available), lunch provided
To register contact Jake Pyne at The 519 Church Street Community Centre
(416) 392-6878 x332 or [email protected].